In episode EAT08 of KPO’s European Astronomy Tour, we’ll be visiting the famous Birr Castle and William Parson’s amazing 72 inch Leviathan telescope.
This site is an important piece of astronomy history. Birr Castle in central Ireland is the present day home of the 7th Earl of Rosse. The 3rd Earl was William Parsons, an English-Irish astronomer who built several large telescopes, with the two largest being a 36 inch reflector and then the famous 72 inch telescope, named the Leviathan of Parsonstown.
You can find our episode schedule on the main Tour page. As we are traveling around, I will be editing and uploading from the many hostels in which we will be staying, and the internet may be shaky, so visit the Tour page often to see any adjustments that may occur.
Watch this week’s show on YouTube:
You can find the Show Notes on our website at http://kpobservatory.org/EAT08/. Please feel free to leave a question or comment, and we will respond as quickly as we can.
Thanks for your interest in KPO. If you enjoyed the show, here’s how you can help:
- Subscribe to our podcast on iTunes
- Honestly rate and review us on iTunes
- Share the videos and podcasts out to your friends.
- And if you really liked it, and if you’d like to help us create more, please consider supporting us by these methods:
- Donate to KPO via PayPal – singe instance patronage
Follow KPO using these links:
- Subscribe to our YouTube channel!
- Subscribe to our Newsletter!
- Follow KPO on Facebook
- Website: http://kpobservatory.org
Star Chart Images & Simulations Courtesy of SkySafari Astronomy http://SkySafariAstronomy.com
Kissimmee Park Observatory is dedicated to the study and imaging of the night sky, and performing astronomy outreach for individuals and groups.